2008/09/17

What verification number (in gMail signup)?

Google has posted a post about What to do if you can't access your gMail and I think all advices are great, but I have one question though...

If you read that post, and probably if you created your account recently, you'll notice that there's a new verification number thing going on for your account, but, when I created my account back in 2004, I don't remember I got any verification number sent anywhere. So how do I get one?

I believe this verification number is supposed to act kind of like a secret question / answer for recovering your account / resetting your password.

3 comments:

Gilberto Padilha dijo...

I have the same problem, I created my account a long time ago and never received a verification number. I tried to update my account and put a secondary email address, but nothing happened... So I guess we have to do with the "secret question / answer"...

Lozbo dijo...

Actually I think you can find more on you account settings page, google.com/accounts/EditUserInfo, haven't tried out yet but I believe that if you add an additional address, you will get a confirmation code there. Will update this post when I check it out.

Lozbo dijo...

Amm, I think that was exactly what you were talking about, right? Ups! So if you say nothing happened I'll just have to make some more research...